Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Job Interview

I thought my job interview went extremely well considering that it was my first practice or real job interview. I think that this practice job interview will help me out greatly in the long run as I do actual job interviews. Now at least I know what to expect to a certain extent when I do a job interview.
I thought that I would be a little nervous because I really did not know what to expect, but for some reason I was very confident in my interview which surprised me in a way. I think it helped that I was interviewing for a job that I know so much about. Hopefully being comfortable with what I am interviewing for will happen when I interview for a real job.
There was one question and moment in the interview that caught me off guard and that was when I was asked at the very end if I had any questions. I am sure that in a longer interview I would, but at that moment I really didnt know what to say. I know now that it is important to at least have one legitimate question you would like to ask.
I really felt prepared for my interview and I think that if I could do it all again I would do it the same. I would at least have something in mind to ask the person who is interviewing me.
All in all, my first job interview seemed to be a success. Hopefully I can use this experience to help me out down the road, when the interview isnt just for a daily grade in Business Writing.

No comments: