Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cover Letters

The articles on cover letters were very interesting and made me think about my actual cover letter a little bit more.
The first article, "The Reality of Cover letters," gave me a good idea of what to expect from my interviewer. The fact that the cover letter is not looked at all unless they are seriously considering you is something that I did not know. That really shouldnt affect how you do your cover letter, because in my opinion you should treat every interview as if they will consider you and they will take everything you have in consideration. One major thing I did learn was that my cover letter should really not be about me at all. That is something that I would not have done with my cover letter draft, to the extent that this article described.
The rest of the articles were also very helpful. The cover letter checklist article was nice because it gives you everything that you must have for your cover letter.
Since I have never really made a resume or a cover letter, none of these articles I could really disagree with. It was nice read all of this useful information that I can use to create the best cover letter for me.

No comments: